Friday, July 27, 2007

So I have obviously been too lazy to post anything, coz the internet connection here is not exactly the fastest in the world. To see pictures (which are not too frequently updated as well), just find me on Facebook with 'Kheng Hui Ang'.

Okay here is a picture of the feast we made the last time we camped, which was at Shadow Mountain, a beautiful site facing the Teton Range, where the sun sets behind those mountains and rises on them. Aspen groves and purple wildflowers cover the mountain, and at night, you can see the lights of Jackson Hole shimmering in the distance.


We made the fanciest meals ever, even had pancakes and bacon and fruit kebabs and rosti-style potatoes for breakfast. And then after we broke camp we all went to String Lake in Grand Teton National Park for a swim, and then to Jackson Hole for Thai food! It was fun.

I missed last weekend's camping trip though, because I was having cramps and couldn't imagine fording a river and dragging a huge pack 5 miles into the backcountry. So I went to Shoshone and Lewis lakes for a long, leisurely hike instead. AND YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?! I tried to throw my backpack across a river before jumping over myself. The pack cleared the river alright, landed on the opposite bank and happily rolled into a hidden pool on that side. My camera enjoyed a ten-second dip in the cool waters of Lewis Channel. I'm still trying to dry it out =( I hope it'll be okay *wail*. But the trip was fun, and the lakes were beauuu-teee-fuuulll, especially at sunset.

No comments: